I seriously could pound casseroles. I love them. They can be a mixture of pretty much anything in your fridge and then just bake that shit. Delicious. I imagine if I ever have children they will eat a lot of these things. Here is my first post on HealthiFIED Five, where I will feature my favorite tried and true healthier recipes from some amazing bloggers around the web!
- Enchilada Casserole: Sweet Jesus this is a great dish. Blogger Gimme Some Oven really knows her stuff. So colorful and flavorful, plus appeases all those new age gluten free hippies. Win Win.
- Egg and Hashbrown Casserole: Did you end up starving yourself last Friday night to fit into your skinny jeans? Yea, me too. Best cure for a big night out is a big plate of eggs, bacon, veggies and swiss cheese. Cooking Light always knows how to step it up.
- Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Casserole: NOM NOM. I used to make this in college all the time. If I got lucky and the boys beneath our apartment didn’t know I was cooking, I could freeze this in perfect portions and bring to work. Find it over at The Food Network.
- Food Network is at it again with one of my favorite dishes AROUND. The Chili and Cheese Casserole. I know the name sounds naughty, but it’s not! Packed with secret healthy ingredients you are sure to please your taste buds. Feel free to please mine and send me some
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Casserole. OH MY GOD. I came across this recipe a bit ago while searching for something spicy. Something to know about me: I like my food so spicy to a point that I’m sweating my damn face off. To a point of feeling incredibly uncomfortable. I fucking love it. This recipe found at Eating Well is amazeballs. Sub the blue cheese for ranch though, no one likes blue cheese except for on a cold iceburg wedge salad. FACT.
Let me know if you guys try any of these. I’m going to go grab a snack. Drooling just talking about casseroles.